Financial support for advanced graduate students, who share an interest in the classical liberal tradition, to work on a scholarly paper or dissertation chapter. Open to Law or PhD students. Invitation-only.
The Summer Graduate Research Fellowship is a non-residential research and writing program providing an opportunity to work on a thesis chapter or a publishable paper and to participate in interdisciplinary seminars under the guidance of a faculty supervisor. The program is open to advanced graduate students, doctoral or law, planning academic or research careers and conducting research germane to the classical liberal intellectual tradition. Past participants in the program have made valuable progress on both their research and their understanding of classical liberal themes.
* Fellowship begins in late May and ends in early August
* $3,000 stipend
* Opening and closing seminars to present and discuss your research, and a travel and housing allowance to attend the seminars
* Mentoring and critical comment on your project
* Online discussion of a classical liberal book or set of readings
* Interaction with a community of scholars
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason Uiversity
Stage of Study:
Citizenship: International, U.S. Citizen