The Library Research Round Table of the American Library Association announces the Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research for the previous year. The LRRT Shera Award Committee will judge the entries for the competition.
- All entries must be research articles published in English during the calendar year.
- Articles may be nominated by any member of LRRT or by the editors of research journals in the field of library and information studies. No one may nominate more than two articles.
- All nominated articles must relate in at least a general way to library and information studies. Any research method is acceptable.
- Authors of nominated articles need not be LRRT members.
- Articles by joint investigators are eligible, as are articles generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding.
- Research articles will be judged on the following points:
- Definition of the research problem;
- Application of research methods;
- Clarity of the reporting of the research;
- Significance of the conclusions, as judged by the Committee.
- The Committee reserves the right to give no award.
- The author(s) of the winning article will receive a Certificate.
Application deadline is commonly January-March; visit funder website for exact date.
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: American Library Association
Award Type: Prize
Stage of Study: