The Ralph A. Lewin Poster Award competition will be held at the annual PSA meeting under the following criteria:
- An individual applying to be considered for the Lewin Poster Award must be a student of no more than one year past graduation at the time of the meeting where the work is presented and must notify the Award Committee Chair of his or her intention to apply for the award competition by the abstract deadline.
- The individual must be a Phycological Society of America member.
- Posters with multiple authors are permitted, but the student competing for the award must be the first and presenting author. Regardless of the number of authors, the student’s mentor must certify that the poster is primarily the result of the candidate student’s initiative, imagination, and labor. This ORIGINAL signed letter from the student’s research director (mentor or major advisor) or department chair, verifying that the candidate is a student and that the work to be presented represents the initiative, imagination, and labor of the student must be sent to the Award Committee Chair, by deadline (for last minute applications, an e-mail letter from the mentor, IF sent from an official university e-mail address is sufficient by the deadline but the hard copy letter must still be sent). Check funder website for current address
- Only one poster per student per year may be entered in the competition. If meeting rules allow multiple posters to be contributed by the same presenting author, the student must designate which poster is to be considered for the award. Poster size limit is 3′ x 4′.
- There is no limit to the number of years in which a student may enter this competition. Posters describing the same overall project may be entered in multiple years but only if there are new data included in successive years. Posters on a student’s project that has previously won this or the Bold Award are not eligible. Students who have won the Poster Award are eligible to present the same project in the Bold Award competition in a later year if additional data are included.
- Judging will include multiple aspects of the poster itself as well as the student’s ability to informally discuss his or her’s work at the poster session.
Amount: Check funder
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: Phycological Society of America
Stage of Study:
Citizenship: International, U.S. Citizen