International Research Scholarship Program for doctoral and postdoctoral students of the History and Culture of German-speaking Jewry in Central Europe. Up to fourteen scholarships each one for one year will be awarded. The requirements differ according to the country where the studies were or are being undertaken: an MA degree; beginning of research for a Ph.D. degree; a completed Ph.D; having passed the qualifying examinations for a Ph.D. The candidate’s research project should focus on the History and Culture of German-speaking Jewry in Central Europe. Scholarships are awarded for one year to doctoral or postdoctoral candidates, to enable research abroad (existing projects may also be supported). The scholarship starts in October and finishes in September of the following year. In conjunction with the program seminars will take place affording scholarship holders the opportunity to present their topics and the results of their research. The working languages of the program will be German and English. Applicants should supply information regarding the following in electronic form, i.e. by email attachment to the address below:
* university degree or degrees
* details of postgraduate studies in progress or completed with an outline of the research project, maximum 5 pages.
* a reference from the supervisor of postgraduate studies or in the case of completed undergraduate degree from a senior member of the department.
* a second reference
* a statement giving reasons for undertaking the project and a statement regarding language skills
* a CV, giving details of education and any information the applicant considers relevant.
Promising candidates will be invited to an interview where the final decision will be made. This will take place in Berlin.
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: University of Haifa
Stage of Study: