The purpose of these fellowships is to support original research in, and areas surrounding, the foundations of mathematics. These fellowships are intended to carry forward the legacy of Kurt Godel, whose works exemplify deep insights and breakthrough discoveries in mathematical logic, with profound impact on the philosophy and foundations of mathematics.
The Research Fellowship Prize Program is sponsored by the John Templeton Foundation and will offer:
* two Ph.D. (pre-doctoral) fellowships of EUR 50,000 per annum for two years
* two post-doctoral fellowships of EUR 50,000 per annum for two years
* one unrestricted fellowship of EUR 50,000 per annum for two years.
Original fellowship proposals in the areas of
* set theory
* recursion theory
* proof theory/intuitionism
* model theory
* computer assisted reasoning
* philosophy of mathematics
All fellowship proposals, regardless of subject area, will be judged according to
* the relevance and resemblance of the research (finished and proposed) to the great insights and originality of Kurt Godel
* its general interest and clarity of motivation
* its rigorous scientific quality and depth.
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: John Templeton Foundation
Stage of Study: