To benefit the society primarily by encouraging excellence in research and scientific papers by student members. The purpose of the Gruber Fund is to provide monies on a continuing basis for the Gruber Award, which is given for the best oral paper by a student member at the annual AES meeting.
To be eligible for the Gruber Award, a student must:
1. be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student, or have completed his/her degree within 12 months of the presentation;
2. be in at least his or her second year of AES membership;
3. be a member in good standing of AES;
4. be first or sole author of a contributed paper; and
5. indicate at the time of abstract submission his/her intention to compete for the appropriate award.
***Applications are during submission of abstract to the Annual Meeting.***
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: American Elasmobranch Society
Duration: One-Time Payment
Award Type: Grant
Stage of Study: