These awards help to improve the quality of life of others by funding research and projects with practical applications. These fellowships do not require enrollment in an academic institution.
EAF awards the following fellowships, during even-numbered years:
- Dr. Dorri Phipps Fellowship – for students pursuing degrees in medicine or research pertaining to lupus
- Kafi Wilford Fellowship – to provide financial assistance to a college student seeking a law degree
- Larry & Carolyn Suarez Fellowship for Business & Entrepreneurship – to provide funds for a student pursuing a degree in business and or entrepreneurship
- Margaret Blake Roach Fellowship Fund – to provide financial assistance to individuals and organizations in support of a civic, educational or human service endeavor or projects
- Mary A. McDowell Fellowship – to provide funds for a student majoring in special needs education
- South Eastern Region Fellowship – for lifelong learning
- The Rosa Parks Fellowship – earmarked to support individuals and projects involved in finding nonviolent solutions to human problems
- Xi Zeta Omega Fellowship Fund – To provide financial assistance to individuals committed to enhancing the educational environment of children under the age of 5 years old, with a background in early childhood development.
Deadline is commonly in April. Visit funder website for more information.
Amount: Check funder
Deadline: Check deadline
Funder: Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc.
Stage of Study:
Citizenship: International, U.S. Citizen